Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Intro...

Yet another lousy attempt to maintain a blog... This time though I might have just enough pent up frustration to want to let it all out :)

The reason behind me actually *wanting* to go thru with it this time around? ...hmmm... that much talked about book He's Just Not That Into You... This book has been called "a wake-up call" ...I've heard many women talking about this book & about all the useful advice, etc etc (thanks Oprah!). How about thinking about it logically and realizing that it's really all just common sense! I'll admit it - the book is kinda interesting and the "he's just not that into you" concept really is something we women need drilled into us ....but is it just me ...or is the major part of this book focused solely on la-la land relationships? I'm only on page 70 - so I might change my mind by the time I finish it ...but I thought I might as well start my critique now - and update it on a day to day, chapter by chapter basis & fyi, I'm not a slow reader - just a very busy person! :)

Back to la-la land relationships vs. real relationships. I'm in what I consider a real relationship. My relationship has lasted 3 years - there has been lots of good & lots of bad - all relationships have their ups and downs. It's funny - each chapter I've been thru in this damn book - I've been there ...but, you know what? I didn't really ever think that "he's just not that into me", I never dumped him, I never considered giving up on the relationship just coz "he's just not that into me" ....I did doubt myself & continually do so, but then when we're in the "good" aspects of the relationship, all those doubts are forgotten. Reading this book - going from chapter to chapter, realizing I've been there & gotten past it & still have issues ..? hmmm... I found myself questioning all the reasoning I've used in the past. Could I have just been a fool?

5 Comments:

Blogger wyn said...

hey, i haven't read the book but i get your drift when you say, "la-la land relationship," which you most certainly are not in. i always think communicating is key and being realistic, which is probably what a lot of women aren't. not realistic and thinking guys are into them when they aren't really; not realistic and not realizing a guy is taking advantage of them. i guess there is always a la-la period no matter how realistic you try to be even from the beginning, and then you have to find the grandness in just normal life. and make sure the relationship is always on equal footing. :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

You need to blog more! I eagerly await your next impartation of wisdom! (oooh big words :) )

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my understanding was that the book is for single ladies looking for a relationship. since you have a man, you managed to get with the one who was into you, so you must be doing something right (or common sense, as you put it) that the rest of us are clueless about! dig?!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Agree with the(Other)anonymous writer...but I do have a question...how are things in your relationship now Ms Diamond? Is it smoother sailing or is it still a constant struggle?

I'm not judging one way or the other but I often wonder if we as women could see the signs early on then we could save ourselves heartache later..

O and BTW...it does state in the book that there exceptions to the rule, however women should not bank their futures on the fact that their relationship just might be, maybe, that exception.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, i can see the thoughts within decide to come out and flow like a river entering a sea. This is wonderful; a wonderful place to do it and a wonderful place to be...in time. It's true what flows inside of you and what flows out from inside of you can be sumptious and delicious at times. Hopefully you do have that passion to continue being true to yourself in the blogs...to be absolutely honest, even when you cannot bear to be. I hope you know that you deserver truth (Like a good friend of mine typed: Why lie?). SO continue being brutally honest and hold all the truth within you and you will stimulate so much of a population and find yourself with so much of a gathering of eyes that it will overwhelm you. And when it does....blog about it...and if it does..blog about it... and if you hate hatred, blog about it...and if you love blogging...blog about it. There's nothing truer tha the truth and in the infinite words of someone who's never been wise- they just had a moment of wisdom: The Truth Will Set You Free!!!!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home